birding-aus

Sanderling at Boat Harbour, Sydney

To: Birding Aus <>
Subject: Sanderling at Boat Harbour, Sydney
From: David Stowe <>
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2007 10:02:35 +1000
Hi all
Just letting everyone know that the Sanderling reported was still at Boat Harbour, Kurnell, Sydney yesterday. Initially found sheltering from the massive southerly winds on the rock shelf with Red-necked Stints, I later had great views of it using my car as a hide. It was the first time i had driven down to the beach in my 4wd and i know it will probably cause much debate, but i found it alot less disturbing to the birds sitting in the car watching. (Also good getting out of the wind for my sanity and camera gear!)
Cheers
Dave