birding-aus

Anti Uranium petition

Subject: Anti Uranium petition
From: "Fiona Anderson" <>
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2007 17:31:08 +1000
Hi birders,

A friend of mine who lives in Queensland has asked me to put this up on
birding-aus.  She is a recent member of a group called P.A.N.I.Q.  People
Against Nuclear In Queensland. To cut a long story short with the coming
election the group has decided to be ?non party pacific?. This means they
want to target every political group with the ?No Uranium Mining?,
regardless of who gets in power.  They have started a petition to present to
the ?winning team.?

The petition is organised our petition online.  It is titled - Uranium
Mining = Nuclear Power, Nuclear Weapons and Radioactive Waste - WE SAY NO!
She asks that all interested should please take the time to read and sign it
-

http://www.petitiononline.com/PANIQ/

I personally do not know the group but I know my friend will have done her
research well before she joined.

Cheers,

Fiona