birding-aus

Lorikeets in Gloucester

To: "" <>
Subject: Lorikeets in Gloucester
From: Penny Brockman <>
Date: Sat, 13 Oct 2007 12:17:56 +1000

Dear all

We don't have a lot of gums flowering locally but in the last week I've had small flocks of very noisy Musk Lorikeets flying around, and yesterday, in the high wind, at least 50 flew into trees at the back of my garden, together with a pair of Scaly-breasted Lorikeets - there could have been more of the latter but I only got my bins clearly onto one pair, which then flew into my neighbour's red flowering bottlebrush.

The Noisy Friarbirds are living up to their name, with a cacophony of noise throughout most of the day as they sort out pairing possibilities and squabble over territory.

From glorious Gloucester in the Mid North Coast of NSW