birding-aus

painted h/e at Jandowe QLD

To: <>
Subject: painted h/e at Jandowe QLD
From: "Col and Chris" <>
Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2007 19:01:27 +1000
Following the report by Daniel Mantle et al of painted H/eaters on the Jandowe
bird trails, my wife and I had an early start from Bris this morning and we
found an abundance of H/E in the locations mentioned in Daniels posting.
Particularly in the walking track at location 5 on trail 1 we sighted Painted(2
or 3),Black (several),  Striped (many), Spiny Chk (several) Honey eaters. There
were also white winged trillers everywhere.
Following a severe storm in the area on Wed night some of the roads are still
slippery and care needs to be taken in some spots (which are noted on the trail
directions).
The Wambo shire is to be congratulated on producing a very useful guide with
clear directions to a range of good birding spots in their locality

Chris and Col Fitzell