birding-aus

help finding bowers at Lakefield NP?

To: <>, <>
Subject: help finding bowers at Lakefield NP?
From: "John Harris" <>
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2007 09:53:09 +1000
Maybe people asking for research info should at least provide AEC
(Animal Ethics Committee) Approval numbers and University's details in
their requests.  That way possible assistants/assistance providers can
check on bona fides before committing themselves or their information.

I well remember the "sh*t fight" caused by the bowerbird
"hunting"......

With this in mind, I fully support Russell's stance as list owner...

Yours in all things "green"

Regards

John Harris
Secretary, Victorian Association for Environmental Education (VAEE)
Environmental Education Officer
Donvale Christian College
155 Tindals Rd Donvale 3111
0409 090 955

>>> "Natalie Doerr" <> 10/10/2007 9:03:12 am >>>

Dear birders,

I am trying to find active bowers of the great bowerbird in or around
Lakefield National Park. This is for a study through JCU to see if great
bowerbirds prefer to build their bowers in specific locations, with
specific light environments. I only need to visit bowers once; I will
not be touching the birds or harming their bowers in any way.

Do you know the location of any bowers in this area (including the
nearby town of Laura)? If so, could you send me a description of the
area and/or the GPS coordinates? If not, do you know the names of any
experienced birders/tour guides in the region who might be able to
assist me?

Thanks so much. I appreciate any information you can provide.

Natalie

Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com