birding-aus

Dollar Birds Back from Siberia

Subject: Dollar Birds Back from Siberia
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2007 11:16:25 +1000 (EST)
Hi all,

My first Dollar Bird sighting yesterday (25 September 2007) in an area
west of Newcastle, New South Wales: two birds, flying very high up, giving
their distintice rolling croaking call, and heading off into the distance.
So I don't think they were stayers for this particular area, but on their
way elsewhere.  Do Dollar Birds return to the same locations each year
across Australia?

cheers

Craig Williams
Kotara New South Wales