Here's a summary of the responses I got, for Goulburn, Barren Grounds
and Mittagong, in no particular order:
- It's really cold in the mornings up there at the moment.
- Accommodation near Barren Grounds: Jamberoo Valley Lodge (2km, Wonga
and White-headed Pigeons), Ben Ricketts Preserve (1km, Greater Gliders
and a Satin Bowerbird)
- It's a long walk up the Barren Grounds escarpment, 5km, so forget
walking in each day.
- Possibility of Sooty Owl on the escarpment.
- Jerrabomberra Wetlands in Canberra.
- Not much around Goulburn itself, Pejar Dam (waterfowl), Marulan
(Diamond Firetails, Speckled warblers, Brown Treecreepers and other
woodland birds), Dorothy Brewer Drive road reserve.
- Morton NP (Glossy Black and Gang-gang Cockatoos, Grey Shrike-thrush,
Rufous Fantail, Grey Fantail, Brown Thornbill, Striated Pardalote, King
- Fitzroy and Carrington Falls (Eastern Bristlebird, Pilotbird,
lyrebirds, gang-gangs, scrubwrens, owls).
- Cecil Hoskins Nature Reserve (ducks and night-herons) near Moss Vale
got quite a few mentions.
- Kangaroo Valley.
- Bowral (little raven, rufous fantail, rose robins, various
- Red Track and 60 Foot Falls tracks behind Mittagong (Brush Turkeys
underneath the Freeway, bushbirds, bowerbirds, lyrebirds, rock warblers,
both red-browed & white-throated treecreepers, parrots & cockatoos,
- Boxvale Track, south of Mittagong.
- Thirlmere Lakes NP (Musk Ducks, Sacred Kingfisher, Eastern Rosellas,
- Lake Alexandra in Mittagong.
- Wingecarribee Reservoir.
- Yarrawa Brush behind Robertson pub.
Thanks for your responses everyone, I'm now drowning in information!
To unsubscribe from this mailing list,
send the message:
(in the body of the message, with no Subject line)