birding-aus

The Great Northern Beaches Fairy-wren Survey

To: John Leonard <>
Subject: The Great Northern Beaches Fairy-wren Survey
From: Andrew Taylor <>
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2007 09:07:18 +1000
On Tue, Sep 11, 2007 at 05:40:59PM +1000, John Leonard wrote:
> I suspect they do well in the centres of cities where there tend not to be
> many cats. I think inner suburbs would be a bit more of a challenge for
> them.

Here - ~3km from  Sydney Centrepoint tower - Superb FWs look to be
doing OK.  I  see confrontations between coloured males so there are
abutting territories.  Cat density is high here - probably as high
it gets.  I'd guess significantly more cats here than Sydney's northern
suburbs where there are apparent less Superb FWs.

[  I'm betting the Bridgetown bird will turn out to be a Barking Owl ]

Andrew