birding-aus

Sydney Pelagic - Saturday 8th September

To: "birding-aus " <>
Subject: Sydney Pelagic - Saturday 8th September
From: "Roger McGovern" <>
Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2007 10:55:59 +1000
Given the recent lengthy thread that has been running on pelagic birding and
sea-sickness, the timing of this posting is probably not ideal.

However, I wanted to let everybody know that the scheduled Sydney pelagic
trip on Saturday 8th September is definitely going (subject to weather) on
the extremely stable MV Halicat. It will depart Mosman ferry wharf at
06.45am and Rose Bay public wharf at 07.00am and you can make a booking with
Hal on 0411 311 236.

A birding friend of mine (and a notorious sufferer from mal-de-mer) Howard
Armstrong, once told me that he always eats toast with strawberry jam for
breakfast on the morning before a pelagic. Thinking that this might be some
sort of miracle cure for sea-sickness, I asked him why. He said "It's the
only thing that looks and tastes the same coming up as it did when it went
down".

Keep taking the pills and see you on the 8th, I hope.

Cheers

Roger McGovern