birding-aus

Google Advanced Image Search

To: Birding-aus <>
Subject: Google Advanced Image Search
From: "John Leonard" <>
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2007 16:15:51 +1000
Has anyone noticed that Google Advanced Image Search seems to have gone to
pot.

I began a database of birds I had seen about 5 years ago, and for each
species I have an image or images, either photos, or if not available, then
scanned field guide images. I made my first assembly of photos then and
Google Advanced Image Search was very useful and I remember that it seemed
to be very accurate. If you typed in Lilac-breasted Roller or whatever at
least some of the first images actually were of that sp. Today, however, I
was searching for some images and the images I was getting were almost
completely random, with almost no real hits.

--
John Leonard
Canberra