birding-aus

WOW

To: "'keith'" <>, "'BA email'" <>
Subject: WOW
From: "Tony Russell" <>
Date: Mon, 2 Jul 2007 15:21:40 +0930
Don't fret too much Keith, we've all done it to some degree.  Couple of
years ago I thought I'd found some sort of exotic black Gull in the West
Lakes area of Adelaide.  Raced home and checked out all my seabird books
and still wasn't sure what it was. Then I rang John Cox and he very
quickly told me it was frequent occurrence of a chemically blackened
Silver Gull.  Felt a bit dopey over that.
But you did have us going for a split second there.

TR.