birding-aus

RFI: Center Specialties

To: "Birding-Aus" <>
Subject: RFI: Center Specialties
From: "Drew Fulton" <>
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2007 18:41:00 +0930
I am on my way into the Center for my last leg of year traveling and
photographing Australian birds.  I can't believe it is almost over but it has
been an amazing experience.  I am hoping some of you all can shed some light on
recent reports or good spots for teh following birds.  I plan a few days in
Alice itself, then both teh eastern (3 nights) and western  (4 nights)
MacDononnells and down to Kings Canyon (2 nights) and Uluru (3 nights).  Then
it's back to Sydney to fly home towards the end of the month.  Thanks for the
help in advance.

Gray Honeyeater - The last few reports from Kunnoth Well have been negative.
Any more recent reports, tips, or other sites?  Its the only honeyeater I
haven't seen!
Rufous-crowned Emuwren - Again, a few negative reports recently.  Where should
I check?
Dusky Grasswren - I've been told Ormiston Gorge is a good spot.  Any other
sites I should check?
Slaty-backed Thornbill - Kunnoth Well?  Anywhere else?
Red-browed Pardalote - I have seen but not photographed this bird.  Any regular
spots?
Banded Whiteface - Somebody mentioned Chamber's Pillar recently.  Has anyone
checked the Thomas and Thomas site recently?
Ground Cuckoo-shrike - I know its hard to find a specific spot but any recent
sightings?
Western Bowerbird - Where in the botanical gardens is the bower?
Spinifexbird - Do'nt knw any sites for this one yet.

Thanks for all the help this year.  I will be posting a bit of a summary of my
travels sometime in early August once I return to the States.

Drew

Drew Fulton
Of Emus and Fairy-wrens: Photographing Australia's Endemic Birds
www.ofEmusandFairyWrens.com
www.drewfulton.com