birding-aus

NSW - Swift Parrots at Greystanes update - 17th June 2007

To: <>
Subject: NSW - Swift Parrots at Greystanes update - 17th June 2007
From: "Edwin Vella" <>
Date: Sun, 17 Jun 2007 18:03:25 +1000
This evening (17/6/07), I had a brief check along the Prospect canal walk in
Greystanes and located 3 to 5 Swift Parrots come into roost in a Eucalypt in
someone's backyard. One bird only made 2 brief soft calls and the other came
into roost without calling at all. Also seen just before it got dark over
this tree was a small insectivorous bat. I had 5 Swift Parrots around
Greystanes also last Monday.

I have now had Swift Parrots 5 weekends in a row in 3 to 4 well spaced
locations close to home.

Edwin Vella