birding-aus

Fwd: Request for Volunteers to develop Teching Packs

To: birding aus <>
Subject: Fwd: Request for Volunteers to develop Teching Packs
From: Russell Woodford <>
Date: Sat, 12 May 2007 22:22:23 +1000
From: <>
Date: 12 May 2007 4:05:34 PM

Dear Recipient,

I am the Director of a new Bird site that is being professionally developed at
http://www.mybirdlists.com and will be launched before September 2007.

Part of this site is dedicated to our INDO project (International Development of Ornithology). The first activity there is to develop teaching packs, which can be downloaded by anyone from our site for free. Although these will be available to everyone, these are targeted at schoolteachers and particularly in developing
countries.

We would like to hear from anyone with teaching and educational experience, who
would like to volunteer to help with the development of these packs.

We are going to try and develop primary (5-11 year-old) and secondary (11-16 year-old) versions in as many languages as we can manage, so anyone with non-English language skills (particularly Spanish, Arabic and Asian languages) would be very welcome. We also plan that there will be local versions, which use common local birds as examples, covering for example, North America, South America, Europe and Asia; and possibly other areas as well if we can get enough
developers.

If you are interested in volunteering for this then please reply to this email to
 and let me know your skills and languages.

I look forward to hearing from you,

David Boyd
Director mybirdlists.com
Supporting the AvesWeb and INDO Projects