birding-aus

Swift Parrot and Regent Honeyeater Surveys

To: "Swift Parrot Recovery Officer" <>, <>
Subject: Swift Parrot and Regent Honeyeater Surveys
From: "Plaxy BARRATT" <>
Date: Fri, 11 May 2007 17:35:11 +1000
Hi Belinda,

Not long after Paul Walbridge's sighting of 7 Swift Parrots near Helidon
I had 2 swifties fly over me on the main street of Toowoomba! That was
last week (yes I know I have been slack in posting this, apologies)
Tuesday 8 May, at the junction of Margaret and Hume St, near Queen's
Park. I didn't see their colouring clearly, but their distinctive call
alerted me and I looked up to see the two parrots flying very swiftly(!)
and directly, with their long spiky tails a clear feature.

I will definitely try to get out this weekend for the survey as swifties
are obviously about around Toowoomba.

Cheers,
Plaxy Barratt