birding-aus

Re: Fw: [Birding-Aus] Non-Passerine galleries- Wildlifing Website update

To: Greg <>
Subject: Re: Fw: [Birding-Aus] Non-Passerine galleries- Wildlifing Website update
From: Michael Todd <>
Date: Sun, 06 May 2007 19:11:05 +1000
Hello Greg,

Yep, they ( and you) are probably right. Strange Barn Owls though. I do draw attention though to Ian Mason's assertion that the Cape York subspecies has very sparsely feathered legs. I think the problem is the lack of detail on the Cape York Masked Owl (assuming that it is a good subspecies). I'd love to have a look at the specimens for myself.

Cheers

Mick

Michael Todd
Wildlifing- Images of Nature- www.wildlifing.com
Ranelagh, Tasmania
Latest Additions: Updated Australian Mammals Gallery
Mobile: o41o 123715

Greg wrote:

Both Stephen Debus and Rod Kavanagh consider the unusual Tyto owls from Cape York Peninsula to be Barn Owls. I agree with this.

Greg Clancy