birding-aus

Some local obsverations

To: birding australia <>
Subject: Some local obsverations
From: Grant Brosie <>
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2007 19:12:15 +1000 (EST)
Evening all,

Been a bit birding deprived of late so I thought I'd
mention some quick obsverations while I was doing some
avicultural stuff the other day.
Whilst collecting some brush near Kurri I saw quite a
few Rainbow Bee-eaters, including some juveniles.
Feeding with them were a couple of Dusky Woodswallows.
Yellow-tufted and Fuscous Honeyeaters chased each
other through the trees and Mistletoebirds called non
stop. A few Yellow-faced Honeyeaters made their way
north.
On the way home I stopped for some seeding grasses in
East Maitland for my finches and found
Chestnut-breasted Mannikin, Double-bars and Red-brows
feeding on the same grass....popular stuff. Also here
I watched a Welcome Swallow perched on the overhead
wires whilst it made this weird Brown Quail like call.
Joys of birding, something new around every corner.

Hopefully some real birding is just around the corner.

Cheers,
Grant Brosie
Raworth, NSW