birding-aus

RFI - Melbourne birding, esp WTP Weribee

To: "Birding Aus" <>
Subject: RFI - Melbourne birding, esp WTP Weribee
From: "Tom and Mandy Wilson" <>
Date: Sat, 24 Mar 2007 13:40:11 +1100
Hi all
I put up a request a week or so back to ask if could tag along if anyone was planning on visiting the WTP on Thursday 29 March. Sadly, no responses yet, but I'm still keen to do this, so if anyone is able to help me out, it would be much appreciated. As I noted in my previous request, I am more than willing to get myself to somewhere handy and to also contribute to costs etc. Alternatively, I understand that access (permit, key etc) can be organised on the day at Melbourne water's offices in Brooklyn - is this true and how easy is it to do? If I did this, how long does one realistically need to have a look at all the good bits of WTP? If I can't manage that easily, I'd be interested to hear of other good spots around Melbourne and how easy they are to access, either by public transport or if I hire a car. I've never really done any birding around Melbourne, so am not familiar with the good places or what one can expect to see at this time of year (but I also only have one day free, so don't want to over-commit myself to too many spots). I am staying centrally, so have no bias to any specific side of the city. I'm away from my home e-mail from 1st thing Sunday, so if you are able to help me out with the Weribee trip, it would be best to contact me on my mobile phone (0412 208587). Any responses on other issues, it would be great if you can reply to birding-aus (to keep the archives full of good info) and my work e-mail (included above), as I will be monitoring the latter while I am away.
Thanks in advance for anyone that can help
Cheers