birding-aus

No SIPO at Kurnell today

To: "birding-aus" <>
Subject: No SIPO at Kurnell today
From: "Crispin Marsh" <>
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2007 18:03:35 +1100
Dear Birders,
Following the recent report that a SIPO had been seen at Kurnell (Botany Bay,
Sydney) I went down there today to have a look.
The original posting said "Lone individual on the tidal sand flats at 1pm. Site
is on the left hand side of Captain Cook Drive, 750m north of Elouera Rd".
There is no tidal sand flat at that point but there is about 3 Km further on
towards Kurnell. There were ~100 bar tailed Godwits, ~10 Curlew and 6 Crested
Terns on the flats there but no Pied Oystercatcher (SIPO or otherwise) this
afternoon around 3:00 pm
I looked along Silver Beach at Kurnell and along Wanda Beach on the ocean side
of the Kurnell Peninsular without success.
Regards
Peter Marsh.