birding-aus

(the last word) John Young and his Parrots

To: <>
Subject: (the last word) John Young and his Parrots
From: "Andrew Stafford" <>
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2007 20:24:54 +1000
With all due respect to Russell's request, I don't think Ian May's will be the
last word on this subject - not when Ian takes it upon himself to cast slurs
such as "gormless wimps", "self-acclaimed experts", a certain "city-based news
writer with a grudge" (I look forward to Greg Roberts' reply) and "faceless
desk jockey(s)". Nor should it be.

This is a massively important issue; the most significant claimed scientific
discovery in Australian ornithology in decades. So why shouldn't it also be the
biggest topic to hit birding-aus in that time? Its veracity, and the ethics
with which the claim has been documented, should be rigorously and publicly
debated in my view - although all posters should also be aware of the legal
concerns surrounding this case and choose their words carefully. Including Ian
May!

Those who are bored by the subject can always ignore the thread.

Cheers. Andrew