birding-aus

John Young and his Parrots

Subject: John Young and his Parrots
From: "Evan Beaver" <>
Date: Sat, 24 Feb 2007 17:57:41 +1100
Does anyone still have or know of a location to view the photo in question?

On 2/24/07, Frank O'Connor <> wrote:

It surprises me how many people have commented on this topic without seeing
the photograph in question.  I saw it in December (the article in the
Courier Mail and a digital version), and it immediately raised questions in
my mind, because of the different texture and lack of feather detail in the
part in question.  There may have been good reasons for this, but with no
explanation forthcoming it increases my doubts.  The article said there
were multiple photos, but only one has been made public.  I can't see
why.  If they are all nearly identical, then just say so, but nothing has
been said.  Feathers were said to have been collected.  They may have been
sent privately for DNA analysis, but I would think it would be simple to
just say this without disclosing where.  So I now have doubts about their
existence.  Maybe they never existed, and John Young never claimed they
did, and some wires were crossed somewhere.  But no denial or other
explanation has been made.  Why the silence?

--
Evan Beaver
Lapstone, Blue Mountains, NSW