birding-aus

fig parrots/John Young

To: <>
Subject: fig parrots/John Young
From: "Jeff Davies" <>
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2007 01:03:38 +1100

Well spoken Andrew, but judging by a "Latest News" item posted on John
Young's website dated 19/01/07, he has no intention of either putting up or
shutting up. If the photographs are his only evidence then the only possible
way John Young can defend his claim is to present the photos for
proffessional scrutiny by Gale Spring a technical expert in this field who
has made his time available for this task. The offer was made, John declined
the offer. On his website he promisses to present the "body of evidence,
including photographs of multiple birds, recordings and biological material
together with a nest site" at some future date, but he says this "may take
some considerable time". Why? He says he already has the photos and other
material, we all want to see it. This isn't just a couple of "armchair
experts" speaking here it's a sizable chunk of Australia's birding
community.

Cheers Jeff Davies