birding-aus

Places available for Mud Islands trip 25 February (Victoria)

To: <>
Subject: Places available for Mud Islands trip 25 February (Victoria)
From: "Tania Ireton" <>
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2007 06:42:16 +1100

Sunday 25 February 9.15 am Mud Islands, Port Phillip Bay

Meet at the Portsea Pier (Melway map 156 E 2) at 9.15 am.  We are being
picked up around 9.45 am and will be dropped off again about 4.30 pm.  We
will be travelling in two dive boats and will have to descend a dive ladder
and wade from the boats to get to Mud Island, so we advise bathers or
clothes that you don't mind getting wet as the depth of water depends on the
tides.  Bring lunch, sunscreen and shoes for wading to protect your feet
from broken shells etc.  We will have a marine biologist from the
Queenscliff Marine Discovery Centre to explain the ecology of the island.
If the wind is too strong for the trip to proceed, we will visit an
alternate birding location on the Mornington Peninsula.
Cost is $45 per person.  Maximum 43 people, booking essential.

Bookings : Tania on 9282 5080 (work) or 9583 2175 (home).

NOTE: THE TRIP WILL ***NOT*** BE CANCELLED FOR TOTAL FIREBAN.
Also note that this may be the last Mud Island trip unless the Queenscliff
Marine Discovery Centre can find alternate transport.

--
5:01 PM