birding-aus

Corellas in inner Sydney

To: <>
Subject: Corellas in inner Sydney
From: Brad Crowe <>
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2007 20:11:11 +1100
G'day Eric, I cycle in nearby Centennial Park every morning and can always count on seeing (and HEARING!!!) a flock of up to about (rough estimate) 100....no expert but thought these ones were long bills as they certainly take great delight in digging up things in the park (with their beaks) to the point of surely being a nuisance to the gardening staff -earlier this week I watched them chewing and digging away in the rose garden!

These birds are very "quiet" and will let you ride right up to within about 1.5 to 2 metres of them so you can observe their digging activities close up. There's a rock concert on in Centennial Park tomorrow...hope the Corellas cope with all that man-made noise.

Brad Crowe