birding-aus

was Turquoise Parrots NOW cockatiels

To: "Birding-aus" <>
Subject: was Turquoise Parrots NOW cockatiels
From: "storm" <>
Date: Thu, 8 Feb 2007 08:15:55 +1100
I have heard of cockatiels living with red rump parrots in Sydney's south
west.

People who loose cockatiels should a. contact pet search b. contact their
local wildlife rehab organisation to see if they have the bird and c. poster
for at least 5 blocks around the place the bird was lost.

Many, many cockatiels (and other pet birds) come into care each year and
they are very infrequently claimed.

At present I know of a Long-billed Corrella that is looking for his original
home - a bird who is amazingly hand tame.

Pet birds take a huge toll on wildlife rehab orgs; they have different needs
that wild birds and can be very demanding.

That's my rant for this morning. :-) If you do find a bird or lose a bird
please do as I have suggested. These three steps do give a lost bird a very
good chance of getting home quickly.

storm

--
5:52 PM