birding-aus

Square-tailed Kite

Subject: Square-tailed Kite
From: "Michael Ramsey" <>
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2007 20:25:38 +1100

  Hi all,

  The Square-tailed Kite that I reported to BirdLine Victoria on the
  25/01/07 is still around Broadford (central Victoria). It was seen
  again on the 27th January over my backyard (now that's one for the
  backyard list), on the 29th January near the football oval in Hamilton
  Street and again today (31st Jan) flying over the CFA. In tow were
  about 5 Little Ravens a a couple of Magpies they were very agitated at
  it being around.

  I am not sure what it is feeding on but there are still plenty of
  birds in the township such as Starlings, Mynas, New Holland and
  White-plumed Honeyeaters that it may be preying on.

  Michael Ramsey.

  Advertisement: Amazing holiday [1]rentals?