birding-aus

RFI Binocular Repair

Subject: RFI Binocular Repair
From: Carl Clifford <>
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2007 17:12:49 +1100
Hi Marnix,

I would recommend taking the binos to Maxwells. They are the agents and would have all of the necessary tools for repairs. They also may give you a good deal if they turn out to be non-repairable. If they are still under warranty they will probably repair for free and refund the quotation fee. Most repair places charge for a quote these days, saves them being lumbered with the time and cost of doing a quote and never hearing from the owner of the quoted item again.

I have just had a rather dramatic accident with a Pentax PF80ED scope, it had fallen off the tripod and broke in two when it hit the ground. I sent it to the Australian agents for a repair quote, for insurance. The quote came back as non-repairable, but with the offer of a new unit at wholesale price. The crazy thing about the incident was that the insurance company wanted to use their own supplier, whose price was 50% dearer!
Good luck with the Nikons,

Cheers,

Carl Clifford