birding-aus

RE: Urgent request for bird photos for Warringah Council

Subject: RE: Urgent request for bird photos for Warringah Council
From: "James O'Connor" <>
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2007 09:35:37 +1100

Hi all,

This came across my desk yesterday; if anyone can help, please contact Blayne a.s.a.p:

cheers,
James

Hello Mr. Gosbell,

My name is Blayne Petrowicz and I currently work for Warringah Council in
Sydney's Northern Beaches as an Environmental Education Officer. I am
currently working on an education booklet that will be distributed to
schools with in the Manly Dam catchment area as a teaching resource. This
resource is being given to the schools for free to help inform both the
teachers and thus the students about the importance of the water that is in
the Dam and the flora and fauna that exists there.

The reason I am writing is because I have been searching in vain for photos
of birds nests to include the booklet and have been unsuccessful thus far in
finding appropriate pictures. I realize this may be a long shot of a request
but I am wondering if you have any of the following birds nesting pictures,
(if you know of anyone that might please pass this on):

One photo of either a : Red Wattlebird, Friarbird, Magpie Lark, Grallina
Cyanoleuca, Figbird - Just the nest please no birds in it.
One photo of: Darter Stick Nest - Anhinga melanogaster
One photo of: Tree Hollow Nest - Laughing Kookaburra
One photo of: Aquatic Platform Nest - Dusky Moorhen
One photo of: Scrape Nest - Masked Lapwing
One photo of: Mud Nest - Welcome Swallow

I am in need of the photos as soon as possible. And I will of course
acknowledge all of the photographers names or companies in the kit as per
use  of the photo.

Thank you for taking the time to help,

Blayne

Blayne Petrowicz
Environmental Education Officer, Warringah Council

Manly Dam 9942 -2543
Waste Education  9942 -2732

This email message and any attachments may be confidential information. If
you are not the intended recipient, any use, interference with, copying or
disclosure of this material is unauthorised and prohibited. If you have
received this email in error, please immediately advise the sender by return
email and delete the message from your system. Any views expressed in this
email are those of the sender unless they are specifically stated to be the
views of Warringah Council.

James O'Connor
Research and Conservation Officer
Birds Australia
415 Riversdale Rd.
East Hawthorn 3123

email:
ph (03) 9882 2622 (ext.248)
fax (03) 9882 2677

FROM FEBRUARY 2007
Birds Australia
60 Leicester St
Carlton 3053

Website address: http://www.birdsaustralia.com.au
Atlas website: http://www.birdata.com.au
ABN: 87 004 076 475
Australian Partner of BirdLife International. Are you a member of Birds
Australia? If not, why not join us?
Privileged/confidential information or data may be contained in this
message. If you are not the intended addressee indicated in this message,
you may not copy or deliver this message or take an action in reliance on
it. In such case, you should destroy this message and kindly notify the
sender by return email. Opinions, conclusions and other information in this
message that do not relate to the official business of Birds Australia
shall be understood as neither given nor endorsed by it. Birds Australia
accepts no liability for any damage caused in the transmission, receipt or
opening of this message and any files transmitted with it.