birding-aus

Short-tailed Shearwaters?

To: <>
Subject: Short-tailed Shearwaters?
From: "Dr Richard Nowotny" <>
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2007 23:08:43 +1100
A friend has asked me the following question(s). Any suggestions? (You might
like to copy your reply to Ann direct: <>).  With
thanks.   Richard Nowotny

I did have a question for you though. About 2 months ago I was camping down
in the Otways Nat Park at a beach campsite. Out at sea, just beyond the
furtherst breaking waves we noticed a continuous line of birds flying south.
They were in single file and the line flew on for more than 4 hours - must
have been thousands of birds.

I wondered if they were on their way somewhere special to breed for the
summer. Could the birds have been mutton birds? If so where were they going
do you think?

>From: "Dr Richard Nowotny" <>

>To: "'ann hofmeyr'" <>

>CC: <>

>Subject: RE: farewell Melbourne

>Date: Sun, 14 Jan 2007 23:12:19 +1100

>Dear Ann

>Thank you for your very kind invitation. Unfortunately we will be unable to

>attend due to a prior commitment.

>I trust you have enjoyed your sojourn in magnificent Melbourne and that you

>will flourish in seedy Sydney. I assume that you have achieved a

>significant

>career advance and wish you well in your professional endeavours.

>We enjoyed meeting you and were sorry not to catch up again (although the

>bike-ride offer is still open before you head north if you have time and

>inclination!).

>Please give your mother and father our regards.

>Bon voyage

>Richard (and Diana)

Join the millions of Australians using Live Search. Try live.com.au

http://ninemsn.com.au/share/redir/adTrack.asp?mode=click&clientID=740&referr
al=million&URL=http://live.com.au