birding-aus

Twitchers heaven!

To: "Katarina Stenman" <>
Subject: Twitchers heaven!
From: "Dave Torr" <>
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2007 09:33:54 +1100
Thanks for the info on the Swedish site - I wish we could get our government
to sponsor such things (to add to the multitude of "listing" sites here in
Australia some of our State governments also run general fauna/flora
databases as well - some of our databases talk to each other periodically
but the situation is far from perfect!)

Eremaea and Birdpedia also offer global facilities for list maintenance -
Birdata (which is much more scientific and has all observations reviewed) is
strictly for Aussie birds. I agree the concept is good - and I know there
are other similar systems in other places as well.