birding-aus

First Day of 2007 List

To: <>
Subject: First Day of 2007 List
From: "Julian Bielewicz" <>
Date: Mon, 1 Jan 2007 19:50:55 +1000
Greetings Aus-Birders

First, and foremost, I wish all and sundry the very best for 2007; may your
Lifelist increase exponentially but more importantly may Life bring you all
you would wish of it for you and yours.

Keeping to the theme set by other subscribers Fay and I offer our list for
Nanango, Queensland,  during the first day of 2007.  It is not a Bird Survey
taken at 0800 hours - by that time we'd been up hours continuing our home
renovations.  Renovations kept us occupied until we took a birding break at
around 1600 hours [Din Din State Forest where we added Golden Whistler and
Gray Fantail].

It is simply a list of birds seen during 1 January 2007, presented as they
were originally recorded [when we transcribe the list to our BirdInfo
program it will rearrange the list taxonomically].

Total for 1 January 2007 is 41 species; not the best single-day record but
up there among the top tallies.

Southern Boobook
Willie Wagtail
Laughing Kookaburra