birding-aus

Day 1 of 2007 and a lifer: Black-breasted Butto-quail

To: "birding-aus" <>
Subject: Day 1 of 2007 and a lifer: Black-breasted Butto-quail
From: "Robert Inglis" <>
Date: Mon, 1 Jan 2007 15:09:39 +1000
Hi all,

Happy New Year!

Instead of doing the usual "seeing in the new year" I decided to have an early night on New Year's Eve and an early (4 am) start on New Year's Day. The plan was to make a quick but safe dash to Inskip Point, near Fraser Is in Queensland, to try for the third time to tick-off Black-breasted Button-quail. Well, the plan worked out fine. (The usual motoring idiots were obviously "sleeping it off" until about mid-day.) With just a little bit of searching I came across a pair of the Button-quail scratching about in the undergrowth near the car park at the end of the bitumen.
Unfortunately, I couldn't get any good clear photos but that can be a project
for another day.
Right now I am pleased to have started the new year with a new bird for my life
list.

Cheers

Bob Inglis