birding-aus

Pec Sand, bribie Is, SE Qld

Subject: Pec Sand, bribie Is, SE Qld
From: "Daniel Mantle" <>
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2006 07:27:58 +0000

  Just a quick note to let Brisbane birders know that the Pec Sand was
  still at Buckleys Hole (Bribie Island) this morning (Beth Symonds,
  Pete Kyne and myself). Although picking it up at a distance in
  the bright glare isn't as easy as you might think. Other highlights
  were a pale Little Eagle, a single Lesser Crested Tern with the terns
  on the sandbank beyond Buckleys Hole, a flock of 15-20 Yellow-tailed
  Black Cockies and 100s of WT Needletails.

  Cheers Dan

  ps Does anyone have photographs of this bird? If so I am keen to see
  just how much the appearance of the bird differs with the light
  conditions. I got some poor shots in very bright conditions.

  Looking for accommodation? [1]Find it fast with MSN Search!