birding-aus

RFI SEQ

To: "" <>
Subject: RFI SEQ
From: "Graham Etherington" <>
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2006 14:14:49 +1000
Judith,
Depends what you mean by 'northern' Brisbane.
Dusky Moorhens - dead easy! Any wet area, e.g. in the north you can see lots
of them where Lutwyche Road crosses the Kedron Creek at Gordon Park, but you
should see them at any sizeable pond with some cover. Very common at
Sherwood Arboretum.
Ruddy Turnstone - high tide roost at Manly Yacht Club. There are usually a
few there, often up to about 10.
Musk Duck - a bit difficult. I've seen them at Lake Coolmunda in the winter,
but I'm not sure if they're around Brisbane in the summer.

Hope this helps,
Graham