birding-aus

double question: Pictures of a pair of Redrumps (juv or malting?).....an

To: "'Birding-aus'" <>
Subject: double question: Pictures of a pair of Redrumps (juv or malting?).....and..... What is the etiquette of using recorded bird calls to call in birds.
From: Matthew <>
Date: Sun, 12 Nov 2006 10:32:30 +1100
First off, Here is couple of snaps of a pair of Red Rumped Parrots on the Upfield line train tracks in Royal Park Parkville Vic. They are very fluffy and I was curious if they are juvinille (which was my guess) or if they are malting (which I thought may not be the case as another redrump male I saw the week before was super brightly coloured and very different to this one). Can anyone enlighten me?

male
http://members.optusnet.com.au/~laconic26/mypic29.jpg

female
http://members.optusnet.com.au/~laconic26/mypic28.jpg

Second Question.

What is the etiquette of using recorded birdcalls to call in birds? Are there species that are a definate no no? Is it frowned apon? Or is it widely used?

Matthew