birding-aus

Flagged shorebirds

To: "Sue & Phil Gregory" <>
Subject: Flagged shorebirds
From: "Graham Etherington" <>
Date: Sun, 29 Oct 2006 15:50:36 +1000
Sue,
I posted a similar question to the group a few weeks ago.
This is what I came up with - you should report them to:
Linda Cross address: 40 Thompson Road, Bellmere, Qld 4510, email:
  Phone: 5495 2758 and if you drop them a note you'll
get information back on the origins of the birds.
Also Clive Minton and Heather Gibbs of the Australasian Wader Studies
Group (leg-flag database operator) are interested.
They stated "For each bird you saw, would you please give us species, date,
location, coordinates (if possible), the position and colour of the
flags on each leg (and of the metal band also if you saw them).   The
flag combination will tell us at which of the 20 locations in the
flyway the birds you saw were marked.  We can't actually determine
the date because these same flag codes have been used over a number of years."
Email them at

Cheers,
Graham