birding-aus

New website - Capertee Valley/Blue Mtns birding

Subject: New website - Capertee Valley/Blue Mtns birding
From: Carol Probets <>
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2006 14:14:15 +1000
Hi all,

Over the last few months I've been putting together a website about birds and birding in the Blue Mountains and Capertee Valley, NSW. Although I still have more to do, I thought people might like to know that I've recently uploaded a large section on the Capertee Valley - 4 pages including how to get there and other, hopefully useful, info on the valley and its birds.

A similar section on the Blue Mountains is yet to come. In addition to this, you can already download a complete Capertee Valley birdlist (compiled by David Geering) and a Blue Mountains birdlist (compiled by myself).

The whole website is illustrated with stunning bird photos generously provided by Nevil Lazarus and others, and line drawings provided by Fiona Lumsden.

There's also a News section which I started several months ago and have been updating regularly; and an Articles & Info section which includes an account of my Blue Mtns Big Day on 16th Dec 2004 as well as lots of material on the autumn honeyeater migration. I have lots more planned, which I'll add over time.

This is my first attempt at website creation so I would welcome any constructive comments.

The address is:

http://www.bmbirding.com.au

Cheers

Carol