birding-aus

Fw: 073 4421 4 - BANDED JUV CRESTED TERN - PENRHYN ESTUARY, SYDNEY -

To: "Birding-Aus (E-mail)" <>
Subject: Fw: 073 4421 4 - BANDED JUV CRESTED TERN - PENRHYN ESTUARY, SYDNEY - 8.10.06
From: "Graham Buchan" <>
Date: Mon, 9 Oct 2006 10:56:22 +1000
Folks,

Tun Pin Ong and I managed to read the numbers on a juv Crested Tern, banded on
18/12/05 at Mud Island in Victoria. Its the first time that I've been able to
get the full 8 digits (one earlier this year I got to 7 digits - it was one of
10 banded at...Mud Island). The numbers were only readable through scopes at
about 6-10m and the tide coming in caused the terns to move and turn.

There was also an orange flagged right tibia, metal banded left tarsus Red Knot
at the same time. No, couldn't read that band!

Cheers,

Graham