birding-aus

Upcoming Trip - Werribee in November

Subject: Upcoming Trip - Werribee in November
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2006 17:36:55 EDT
I'm an American who is about to depart on his third Aussie birding  trip.  I
have posted the details of the first three parts of my trip, and I  thank all
the respondents for all the great information they have shared.

The fourth and last part of my trip will be in the Melbourne area.  I  plan
to arrive in Melbourne from Tasmania on Saturday night, 11 November.   I plan
to fly out on Friday, 17 November, heading for home, after a 45 day visit  to
Australia.  I plan to stay in Werribee for most of my Victoria stay,  perhaps
all of it.

I'm well aware of The Werribee Treatment Plant and the You Yangs Regional
Park, having been shown around there on my 2002 trip, but I would  appreciate
any information about other good birding sites in the area.  I  am also very
interested in meeting any local birder who wanted to show a Yank  around one
day.
 I'll have a car, if that would help.

I'm tentatively planning to spend one day driving down to Port Campbell and
the next day returning.  In at least one direction, I would go along the
Great Ocean Road, mainly for the sightseeing, but I would be interested to know

if there are any good birding sites along the Princes Highway route.

Thanks for any help anyone can give.  This mailing list has been a  wonderful
resource in planning my trip.

Barry Brugman
USA
_www.barry15.com_ (http://www.barry15.com)