birding-aus

October-November Trip Part 2 - Western Australia

Subject: October-November Trip Part 2 - Western Australia
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2006 20:00:19 EDT
Hello,

I'm an American planning my third birding trip to Australia.  The  second
part of the trip will be in the southwest part of Western  Australia.  I have
lots of great information on birding sites from Frank  O'Connor's wonderful
website, posts here on birding-aus, and the brochures  from Birds Australia WA,
but
if anyone has any additional tips, I would  appreciate it.

I'm also very interested in birding with local birders, so if anyone is
interested in spending some time with an American birder who hasn't been to WA
before, please let me know.  Here is my detailed itinerary:

Part 2 (Western  Australia)

Perth - 3 nights, arrive  Tuesday, 10 October
Geraldton - 1 night,  arrive Friday, 13 October
Kalbarri - 2 nights,  arrive Saturday, 14 October
Geraldton - 1 night,  arrive Monday, 16 October
Cue (Nallan  Station) - 2 nights, arrive Tuesday, 17  October
Northam - 1 night, arrive  Thursday, 19 October
Narrogin (Dryandra  Forest) - 2 nights, arrive Friday, 20  October
Ravensthorpe - 1 night,  arrive Sunday, 22 October
Fitzgerald River Nat'l  Park - 2 nights, arrive Monday, 23 October
Stirling Range Nat'l Park  - 2 nights, arrive Wednesday, 25 October
Albany - 3 nights, arrive  Friday, 27 October
Pemberton - 1 night,  arrive Monday, 30 October
Augusta - 1 night, arrive  Tuesday, 31 October
Cape Naturaliste - 1  night, arrive Wednesday, 1 November
Perth - 2 nights, arrive  Thursday, 2 November

In three places (Narrogin, Stirling Range NP, and Albany), I have
accommodations booked that happen to have an extra bedroom, so if  anyone
fancies an
overnight trip, you could stay in my "spare room" for  free.

To see the rest of my itinerary, see
_http://barry15.com/2006_Australia_Trip/index.html_
(http://barry15.com/2006_Australia_Trip/index.html)  .

On my previous two trips, birding with local birders was one of the real
highlights of my trips, so I am eager to meet any Aussie birders who are
interested in showing a Yank around.

Barry Brugman
USA
_www.barry15.com_ (http://www.barry15.com)