birding-aus

Capertee Valley and Hawkesbury - October Visit

Subject: Capertee Valley and Hawkesbury - October Visit
Date: Sat, 9 Sep 2006 14:43:33 EDT
I'm an American birder, and I'm planning my third Australian birding trip
for October-November this year.  I'll be visiting four parts of Australia  this
time, and the first part of the trip will be a quick stop at the Capertee
Valley and the Hawkesbury region.

The birding-aus archives have provided a lot of information on  these two
areas, but if anyone has specific advice or would like to join me for  some
birding in one of these areas, please let me know.  On my last trip,  in 2004,
birded with several local birders in various areas, and those  were some of the
real highlights of the trip, so I would love to be able to do  that again.

I'll be available on Saturday, 7 October in the Capertee Valley, and on
Sunday and Monday, 8 and 9 October in the Hawkesbury area.  I'll be staying  in
Windsor on Sunday and Monday nights.  I have found references to various
birding spots around the Hawkesbury in the archives, but I don't have  specific
directions on how to find them, so any help with that would  be appreciated, as
well as suggestions about which spots would be best at this  time of year,
given
the current conditions.

There will be four parts to my trip.  After the  initial Capertee/Hawkesbury
part, I will spend over three weeks in Western  Australia, then a week in
Tasmania, and finally, several days in Werribee, near  Melbourne.  You can see
my
entire itinerary at _www.barry15.com/2006_Australia_Trip_ (http:
//www.barry15.com/2006_Australia_Trip)  .   Pictures from my 2002 and 2004
trips can be seen
at my website below.

I'll be posting details on the other parts of the trip in the next few  days.

Regards,
Barry Brugman
USA
_www.barry15.com_ (http://www.barry15.com)