birding-aus

RFI: Cape York

To: "Birding-Aus" <>
Subject: RFI: Cape York
From: "Drew Fulton" <>
Date: Sat, 9 Sep 2006 13:12:28 +1000
Greetings Birding-Aus,
    Things have been going pretty well for me so far during my stay here.  I
will have to do a better job reporting what I am seeing where to the list but I
tend to not get to email until a week or so after the fact.  Anyway, I will do
better.

    Anway, I am now heading up the QLD coast and am currently just south of
Townsville.  My plan is to arrive at Kingfisher Park tomorrow night and spend a
few days in that area before heading up Cape York.  I just thought I would send
out an email to see if anyone had been up the Cape recently and could pass on
any info about road conditions or good birds.  I hear the Golden-shouldered
Parrots haven't been seen in a long while but I would love to hear something to
the contrary.  Basically, I have Thomas and Thomas and Ron and Viv Moon's book
for general infor a bit of other info but not a ton.  Any advice or recent
sightings would be greatly appreciated.

    Thanks!  I will check in when I get back and post to let everyone know how
the trip went and probably quest some more info on the rest of QLD as I am
goign to spend about 4 weeks headed back south.  Talk to you all soon.

    If you want to see some photos, check out my site,
http://www.ofemusandfairywrens.com

Best,
Drew
Drew Fulton
Of Emus and Fairy-wrens: Photographing Australia's Endemic Birds
www.ofEmusandFairyWrens.com
www.drewfulton.com