birding-aus

Melb > SA > Gluepot > Mildura road trip advice needed

Subject: Melb > SA > Gluepot > Mildura road trip advice needed
From: Cheryl Ridge <>
Date: Mon, 4 Sep 2006 19:29:24 -0700 (PDT)
Hi folks

This is my first post here. I am pretty keen on
photography and my partner and I are planning to do a
"road trip" in Oct or Nov ( about 2 weeks duration).
Our rough plan would be to head from Melbourne to
Adelaide, take in Victor Harbour area (visiting
relatives), make our way up to Gluepot Reserve
returning to Melbourne via Mildura area.

I would be interested to hear traveller's/birder's
feedback on good places to visit (particularly
ones considered productive for bird
viewing/photography). Obviously eager to see some
species we dont normally encounter in Melbourne and
surrounds.

We dont have a 4wd so will be restricted to areas
normal vehicles can visit unless we arrange
seperate paid 4wd tours of certain areas whilst on the
trip. Really not sure where to begin.
But we will be happy to 'camp' some nights in the car
if it will help us make better use of our
time/locations.

Thankyou in advance.

regards

Cheryl