birding-aus

New Short Course in Ornithology at Charles Sturt University

Subject: New Short Course in Ornithology at Charles Sturt University
From: Carl Clifford <>
Date: Sun, 20 Aug 2006 23:03:36 +1000
Hi Andrew,
At US$2500 for a 7 day course, I think it is a touch overpriced. I am completing the Cornell Lab of Ornithology home study course in Bird Biology which covers much the same material. The fee for this course is only US$299.50 including textbook. I think the CSU course seems to be aimed at an offshore market rather than a local one as the pricing is in US dollars and includes pick up at Melbourne Airport. Then it is still cheaper than CSU's Graduate Certificate and Diploma courses in Ornithology which cost AU$990 per subject (4 for the Grad. Cert. plus residential costs plus another 2 subjects for the Grad. Dip.).
Carl Clifford