birding-aus

Swift Parrot at Royal Park (5th and 7th tees)

Subject: Swift Parrot at Royal Park (5th and 7th tees)
From: <>
Date: Wed, 09 Aug 2006 11:08:25 +1000
Hi all,

Birding can be strange! 2 days ago I drove 150 kilometres north of
Melbourne to Rushworth State Forest and spent all day searching for
Swift Parrot,eventually finding them at the beginning of the Bailieston
Track.

Today Nicole Spillane emails me to say to that she's just seen 2
Swifties near the 7th tee at the Royal Park Golf Course in Melbourne. I
ride through Royal Park on the way to work each day. So this morning I
check out the golf course and sure enough, there was a Swift Parrot in a
Spotted Gum (Eucalyptus maculata) immdiately next to the 5th tee.

Had a quick look for the Pale-headed Rosella, with no avail. Maybe this
afternoon, on the way home!

Cheers,

Tim