birding-aus

GHL & petrel cap

To: <>
Subject: GHL & petrel cap
From: "Matt Hughes" <>
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2006 10:24:03 +1000
Hello Birders,
This email is a bit a long shot but so was the GHL turning up. My son
Mad (12) & I journeyed from Blaxland in the Blue Mtns to 'twitch' the
GHL on 1/7 & see what else was about on our 'opportunistic' trip. We had
great views of the bird as well as putting faces (ticking) to a few
Birding -Aussers we met during the day.

We also came across a pair of Ground Cuckoo Shrikes (ticks for both)
about 3-4ks out of Burren Junction on the Pilliga Rd on the way in but
dipped on Banded Lapwings. With a tip (thanks Steve from Orange) we
tried for BLs about 10ks out on the Pilliga Rd. We dipped there but
found some 1-2 k's further along (new bird for Mad).

Mad followed to get photos & I refuelled the car but in the celebrations
/ distraction I left the fuel cap on the roof & drove off. Discovered
this about 20k's down the road. Drove back but unable to relocate cap
but did get great views of Red-winged Parrots along the way (new bird
for NSW list). Thought I'd be able to replace it ok but not so. Unleaded
Peugeot 505 twist in caps are as rare as hen's teeth & new one is $70+
(for a petrol cap!). So as a long shot if anyone is heading that way &
comes across it, I would be grateful (about 10-11 k's out on the Pilliga
Burren Junction Rd on left from BJ there is a green & white mail box /
drum - so a further 1-2ks+ to Pilliga is the probable site). I think
I'll have to start a new list of things lost whilst birding or convince
Ryley (7) that a GHL should be on his list.

thanks Matt

IMPORTANT NOTICE
This communication including any file attachments is intended solely for the
use of the individual or entity to whom it is addressed. If you are not the
intended recipient, or the person responsible for delivering this communication
to the intended recipient, please immediately notify the sender by e-mail and
delete the original transmission and its contents. Any unauthorised use,
dissemination, forwarding, printing, or copying of this communication including
any file attachments is prohibited.

It is your responsibility to scan this communication including any file
attachment for viruses and other defects. To the extent permitted by law, ING
and its associates will not be liable for any loss or damage arising in any way
from this communication including file attachments.