birding-aus

House list - Blue Mountains

To: birding-aus <>
Subject: House list - Blue Mountains
From: "Evan Beaver" <>
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2006 12:15:22 +1000
Birders,
Added a new bird to the house list yesterday, and somewhat unexpected. A
pair of WB Sea-Eagles were seen circling in the early afternoon. Capped a
good day's home birding, a pair of Eastern Rosellas have moved in (rare for
us), the crimsons and Crested pigeons are both getting frisky and niggling
each other pretty seriously, the male bower birds have gone to war against
each other and one of my favourite times of year has started; our resident
Grey Butcherbirds have started re-affirming their mutual love and spend all
morning calling their guts out in long complex duets. And to think we almost
moved last week.

--
Evan Beaver
Lapstone, Blue Mountains, NSW