birding-aus

Tour de France - Birding opportunities

To: birding-aus <>
Subject: Tour de France - Birding opportunities
From: richard baxter <>
Date: Tue, 4 Jul 2006 04:10:47 -0700 (PDT)
Hello all,
              What stork?  GO CADEL !!!

  cheers
  RB

Trevor Hampel <> wrote:

Dam Lamb wrote:
> Tim,
> Yep, the stork shot was great.Despite the doping scandels, it remains
> for me the most exciting annual sporting event, much more engaging than
> what's currently happening next door. Go Cadel.
> I'm hoping Phil can get a shot of a Red Hawk in the Pyrennes.

I too enjoy watching the Tour - the contest is so much more exciting
than the funny little round ball thing. Another reason for watching is
to see the beautiful countryside and urban architecture of France.
Haven't been there but would love to wander the back roads of France
when there are no mad cyclist hoards following the race. It's probably
the only way I'll ever get to see France.

About the birds shown during the race - they showed close up shots of a
raptor during the first stage. Commentator Phil didn't mention the bird.
Wonder what it was?

--
Trevor Hampel
Murray Bridge

Check out my BLOGS (web logs):

Trevor's Birding - observations and photos of birds at
http://www.trevorsbirding.com

Trevor's Travels - travels in Australia, Thailand and Nepal at
http://www.trevorstravels.com

Trevor's Writing - read some of my writing at http://www.trevorhampel.com