birding-aus

Trip to AUS in December 2006

Subject: Trip to AUS in December 2006
From: Leigh Johnson <>
Date: Sat, 24 Jun 2006 10:54:35 -0700 (PDT)
Hey All,

  I joined this list per Duncan's recommendation that this would be the place I
could gain the best resources for my upcoming trip to NSW in December of this
year. First I'll introduce myself, my name is Leigh Johnson, I'm 17 (18 in
July) and I have been birding almost six years now. I have a photo blog you can
view at: http://avidbirder.blogspot.com. I'm living in Southern California, and
have never been to Australia although my parents lived there for 4-5 years
before I was born. I will be staying with some fof their old friends in Sydney
but I am hoping to travel around a bit during my time there.

   I was hoping for advice on field guides, where to bird in Sydney and NSW in
general, and what to expect to see in December. Also, if anyone is
interested/available during that time, I'd really love to meet up and go
birding since I have a feeling birding alone is going to be very overwhelming.
=) Thanks in advance.

  Leigh Johnson