birding-aus

MW WTP, Werribee (Victoria) on Sun 18 June

Subject: MW WTP, Werribee (Victoria) on Sun 18 June
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2006 09:12:40 +1000
Dear Birding-Ausers,

I visited the Melbourne Water Western Treatment Plant at Werribee last
Sunday.  On a good day out, I saw 90 species.

The most interesting of these were:

- 2 Brolgas at Austin Road
- an Intermediate Egret in the Spit lagoon (along with Great and Little)
- 1 Lewin's Rail, 1 Buff-banded Rail and a Spotted Crake at the reed-bed
on the Little River, with calling, but shy, Spotless Crakes
- nearly 30 Freckled Ducks resting in the sun on a lagoon whose number I
have forgotten
- 20 or so Great Crested Grebes on Corio Bay
- Little Terns at Kirk Point and at the mouth of the Little River, and
- Zebra Finches at Kirk Point.

It was a lovely day out in the sunshine.

Regards

Chris